To follow up my Snapchat post, let me continue my discussion on attention. Most marketers fail to understand why Facebook acquired Instagram for such a hefty price?
Mark knew about the shift of attention from Facebook as a platform to others in the market which provide better quality newsfeed. Instagram is one such platform where people are having a non-disturbed news-feed.
This very reason makes it favourite place for most of the people between 20 – 35 age group. From a marketer’s standpoint Instagram has not yet evolved because of the following reason: –
- We have photos which are non – linkable
- Photos are a challenge in itself
- We cannot place a link in the photo description to drive the traffic to our website, the only place where a link can be placed is in the bio
- Advertisement has not started yet (Beta phase)
So it’s the fastest undisturbed growing social platform in short.
To help you crack the attentive platform, i would like to share few resources: –
- To start with read the Getting Started Guide with Instagram for Business from Social Media Examiner
- Check out the Case studies from Instagram on how to drive engagement
- Also i would suggest you to follow Chalene Johnson’s Instagram Impact – She shares tips for enhancing engagement on Instagram
These examples would help you formulate your story on Instagram.
Few tips that will come handy are:
- Use good picture tools like Canva and Pic Monkey (Best picture editing tools)
- Humanize the brand by having pictures of humans
- Use the Check in option smartly, you can create check ins for Double tap which is a like on Instagram
- Write big stories in copy (Insta is known to have a macro personality)
- Engage with your community by organising Q&A/AMA using a unique hashtag
- Use emoji’s in copy (this helps in increasing engagement)
- Reply as quickly as possible to the comments
- Cross Promote your account on other platforms
These are few tips that will help you sail your Instagram journey. Let me know if you have any questions.